Friday, September 15, 2017

Delivering Comic Con in a box?

I'm sold.  Where do I pay?  Doesn't matter how much it costs.  I'm in.

Loot Crate's founder had me at hello, well basically, when he uttered these words: "We founded Loot Crate with the concept of delivering Comic Con in a box to your doorstep" ("People are Going Nuts for These $25 Mystery Boxes").  This is such a simple concept - one that Amazon and eBay has been cashing in on for years - deliver stuff people want to their doorsteps.  But the difference here is that Loot Crate delivers you the stuff you want organized around a geeky theme.  And the stuff they deliver makes you want to be a kid again.  It tugs at that nostalgic heart strings.

The appeal of Loot Crate is simple.  They offer geeks/nerds access to unique items related to their favorite franchises: Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, The Walking Dead . . . Personally, this is great for a geek like me, for it allows me to reconnect with several of my favorite franchises (such as Star Wars and Transformers).  That connection takes me back to my childhood and offers me a wonderful bit of nostalgia that is a bargain at $25.  Best of all, it is a way for me to build a great relationship with my son, Cash, who is a mini-me when it comes to being a geek for Star Wars, Transformers, and Marvel and new franchises, such as Pokemon and Five Nights at Freddy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment